Weekly Dharma Gathering – Thursday Night Intro Talks (Eagle Rock)
Thursdays (7:30pm – 9 pm) Eagle Rock Center
Drop in the Center on any Thursday night. Programs start at 7:30pm – no reservations necessary! All Thursday night programs are open to the public, and free (donations gratefully accepted). Please join us!
Introductory Dharma Talks
Senior students of the Vidyadhara Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche will offer a series of individual talks on a variety of dharma topics.
- September 10 – The Shambhala Path: Basic Goodness and the Way of the Warrior (with Cynthia MacKay)
- September 24 – Work: Engaging with Delight
- October 8 – Doing Nothing: What is Meditation and Why Do It? (with Cynthia MacKay)
- October 22 – Grasping at Straws: The Allure of the Three Lords of Materialism
- November 12 – Letting the World Tickle You: The Genuine Heart of Sadness
- November 26 – No Class (Holiday)
- December 10 – Goodness and Mercy: Appreciating Oneself and the World (with Shastri Pamela Bothwell)
- December 24 – No Class (Holiday)
Learn to Meditate
Curious about how to meditate? Need a refresher? Drop in and meet one of the Shambhala Center’s meditation instructors for an evening of meditation instruction, practice and Q&A. All are welcome!
- October 1
- November 5
- December 3
Teachers of the Lineage Tape Night
Good nourishment! We are delighted to invite you to a monthly feast of practice and study with the teachings of our lineage. Each evening will feature a short guided meditation, a video teaching, and a discussion period. Beginners are encouraged to attend.
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- December 17
Every so often, we encounter a month with five Thursday evenings. We will use those extra evenings to offer talks on topics which are relevant to both beginners and experienced practioners. All are welcome!
- December 31 – No Class (Holiday)