Kitchen Sink Dharma (Westside)
Mixing Meditation with Everyday Life
Every Wednesday at 7:30 pm
At Westside Shambhala
3877A Grand View Blvd
Mar Vista, CA 90066
$10 suggested donation
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Meditation is less about achieving a peaceful state of mind than rolling up our sleeves and experiencing life directly. Washing dishes in the sink can be meditation as much as sitting in a monastery reciting mantras. These evenings are about integrating a spiritual life with a secular life and having a sense of humor along the way.
Join us for weekly talks by senior teachers of Shambhala Buddhism and community discussion. The evening features meditation instruction, a short period of meditation and refreshments. All are welcome; newcomers as well as seasoned practitioners. Bring a friend!
- 6/11 Lineage Stories- Yeshe Tsogyal (Alexandra Milsom)
- 6/18 Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD (Kate Summers)
- 6/25 Relaxing with Chaos (Lisa Oxley)
- 7/2 Nuts and Bolts of Practice (Pamela Bothwell)
- 7/9 “TBA” (Bill Bothwell)
- 7/16 Overwhelm- Meditation in a Culture of Busy-ness (Pamela Bothwell)
- 7/23 Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD (Sheryl Beard)
- 7/30 “TBA” (Sharon Owyang)
- 8/6 Nuts and Bolts of Practice (Tom Gottlieb)
- 8/13 These Are the People In Your Neighborhood (Katie Bainbridge)
- 8/20 Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD (Anne Saitzyk)
- 8/20 Authentic Presence (David Fraioli)