Weekly Dharma Gathering – Kitchen Sink Dharma (Westside)
Mixing Meditation with Everyday Life
Wednesdays (7:30 – 9pm) Westside Center
3877A Grand View Blvd
Mar Vista, CA 90066
$10 suggested donation
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Meditation is less about achieving a peaceful state of mind than rolling up our sleeves and experiencing life directly. Washing dishes in the sink can be meditation as much as sitting in a monastery reciting mantras. These evenings are about integrating a spiritual life with a secular life and having a sense of humor along the way.
Join us for weekly talks by senior teachers of Shambhala Buddhism and community discussion. The evening features meditation instruction, a short period of meditation and refreshments. All are welcome; newcomers as well as seasoned practitioners. Bring a friend!
- 12/10 John Beard “What is the Sacred Path of Warriorship?”
- 12/17 Sheryl Beard “Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- 01/7/2015 Kate Summers “Nuts and Bolts of Practice”
- 01/14 Lisa Oxley
- 01/21 Anne Saitzyk “Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- 01/28 John Beard “Can Meditation Practice Really Help”
- 02/04 Tom Gottleib “Nuts and Bolts of Practice”
- 02/11 John Beard “What is Unconditional Happiness?”
- 02/18 Bill Bothwell
- 02/25 Sheryl Beard “Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- 03/04 Marcy Fink