Weekly Dharma Gathering – Kitchen Sink Dharma (Westside)
Mixing Meditation with Everyday Life
Wednesdays (7:30 – 9pm) Westside Center
3877A Grand View Blvd
Mar Vista, CA 90066
$10 suggested donation
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Meditation is less about achieving a peaceful state of mind than rolling up our sleeves and experiencing life directly. Washing dishes in the sink can be meditation as much as sitting in a monastery reciting mantras. These evenings are about integrating a spiritual life with a secular life and having a sense of humor along the way.
Join us for weekly talks by senior teachers of Shambhala Buddhism and community discussion. The evening features meditation instruction, a short period of meditation and refreshments. All are welcome; newcomers as well as seasoned practitioners. Bring a friend!
- 9/10 Bill Bothwell
- 9/17 Anne Saitzyk “Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- 9/24 Alex Milsom
- 10/1 Cynthia MacKay “The Nuts and Bolts of Practice”
- 10/8 Bill Bothwell
- 10/15 Sharon Owyang
- 10/22 Sheryl Beard “Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- 10/29 John Beard
- 11/5 Gail Whitacre “The Nuts and Bolts of Practice”
- 11/12 John Beard
- 11/19 Sheryl Beard “Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- 11/26 TBA