Kitchen Sink Dharma (Westside)
Mixing Meditation with Everyday Life
Every Wednesday at 7:30 pm
At Westside Shambhala
3877A Grand View Blvd
Mar Vista, CA 90066
$10 suggested donation
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Meditation is less about achieving a peaceful state of mind than rolling up our sleeves and experiencing life directly. Washing dishes in the sink can be meditation as much as sitting in a monastery reciting mantras. These evenings are about integrating a spiritual life with a secular life and having a sense of humor along the way.
Join us for weekly talks by senior teachers of Shambhala Buddhism and community discussion. The evening features meditation instruction, a short period of meditation and refreshments. All are welcome; newcomers as well as seasoned practitioners. Bring a friend!
- March 12 - Sharon Owyang TBA
- March 19 – Sheryl Beard ”Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- March 26 – Bill Bothwell TBA
- April 2 – Tom Gottleib “The Nuts & Bolts of Practice”
- April 9 – Steve Saitzyk: “Discipline, Spontaneity, and Creativity”
- April 16 - Alex Milsom: “Shambhala Lineage and Women”
- April 23 - Kate Summers “Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- April 30 - David Dubin “The Myth of the Experienced Meditator”
- May 7 - Cynthia MacKay: ”The Nuts & Bolts of Practice”
- May 14 - Pamela Bothwell: “Caring for Oneself and Others”
- May 21 - TBA ”Great Teachers of the Shambhala Lineage DVD”
- May 28 – Bill Bothwell TBA