Current Volunteer Needs
The Shambhala Center of Los Angeles is run by volunteers. We rely on the inspiration, energy and talents of many people who share in the work of making Shambhala available in the Los Angeles area and beyond. This work is part of “creating enlightened society.”
Our volunteers make it possible for the Shambhala Center, Westside Shambhala, and our sitting groups across the region to flourish. Volunteering is an important aspect of membership required of all members, as well as an opportunity to practice mindfulness and manifest the principles of enlightened society. Volunteering is also a way to express appreciation to our lineage and to those who have gone before us.
You don’t have to be a member to volunteer. There are opportunities for newcomers as well as longtime students to get involved.
Outlined below are some of the ways you can participate in this work and simultaneously deepen your own connection and path. You are invited to sign up for one or more jobs from the list below to volunteer your energy. Everyone is enriched when you share what you have to offer.
Click on orange links below to sign up.
- Laundry Volunteers. (Wash dish towels and table cloths once or twice a month.) Click here
- Admin Help Ongoing. (Help out around the center for a few hours a month.) Click here
- Ongoing Volunteer Needs . (Help out around the center). Click here
- Special Work Week, August 19th to August 22nd. (Help with final stripping of paint and other tasks). Click here
- Thursday Night Public Program Hosting Ongoing. Prerequisite: Completion of Level III. Having a welcoming presence – a friendly face makes all the difference to people new to Shambhala. Hosts arrive 45 minutes before the program to make sure that the environment is ready. This can include setting out a few light snacks and putting out hot water for tea. Click here
- Wednesday Night Kitchen Sink Dharma Hosting Ongoing. Prerequisite: Member of Shambhala Includes opening the center, setting up refreshments and cushions, welcoming people, making announcements at the end of the talk, and cleaning up and closing the center. Click here
Please contact our center to offer your support:
323 255 5472
“Just thinking about how to help others relieves stress, brings joy to our mind, and has fantastic karmic repercussions. This is how the discipline of the lion enriches the world with the confidence of joy, which expresses itself as the ability to uplift any situation with the question, ‘How can I help?’”
– Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, Ruling Your World